Friday, October 31, 2008

"At the pub on the crossroad...."


This is one of my cross stitch works and actually it was the first that I "designed" by myself. Or, better it's a mix-and-match chart which I created.
The pint was taken by a kit that I bought at Belfast airport last June. The verse is taken from a song called "Drink it up" (LOL!) and it's one of my favourite Irish songs, and I created the chart for it. Then, in the end, I added the 2 shamrocks under the pint. I used Crescent Colors floss for that. Black coffee was perfect for the beer's colour! There was DMC black 310 in the kit, but it wasn't the real Guinness colour...so, I have found the right one! What do you think about it?
Bye and..cheers! (Slainte in Irish Gaelic!)


8 comments:

Nancy said...

Welcome to blogland Sara! I am in Tanya's Stacy Nash Groupies group with you. I love your cross stitch!

Sara said...

Thank you! I am not so good but I surely am willing to improve myself!

Roberta said...

Hey Sara, welcome to the blog world. I still haven't mastered this form of communication, but it is a good way to share projects and things that are happening in your life.

Love your stitched "stout"

Happy Halloween ---Roberta in Georgia USA
from SNgroupies

Linda said...

Congratulations on your blog, Sara! I do not have one myself, as I have no idea how to do it, but reading other blogs certainly is a wonderful inspiration. I would love to follow in your footsteps sometime. Good luck! I will check back. (I'm also in SN Groupies with you)

Linda in SC

Marianne said...

You have got a really nice start on your blog! Very nice stitched piece and saying on your Stout! Can't wait to see more of your projects! I'm in SN Groupies with you!!

Petra said...

This is a wonderful design!

Becky K in OK said...

Great start. Love your design.

Barbara said...

Sara, welcome to Blogland. I have your Blog in my Favorites, so will visit often. I also love your cross stitch. I'm also in the Stacy Nash group with you.

Hugs,
Barbara/MO