Monday, May 11, 2009

My treasure!

Last Saturday I went to an exhibition called "Italia Invita: International forum of lace and embroidery". I found so many beautiful stitching things and met my favourite designers!
This is me with Renato Parolin :)

I also attended a class of lace. I am proud to show you my first Irish Rose! :)


This is the second one, smaller, and made at home. It is quite simple to do and in my opinion that is so nice to see!
This is where I learned this nice lace work :) Teachers came from Umbria, in the center of Italy.

Shopping time: I found this beautiful French stand. http://www.fleurdelinetboutondor.com/
This woman, Claude, buys and sells ancient embroidery stuff. You can't imagine how many treasures I saw! This is some of them. Buttns, ribbons, and old mouliné from XX century 20's! I don't think I will use it.... :)
Hornbook is not ancient, bought it in another stand, butI just think it was nice in this picture :)


...and this is wonderful ancient fabric! The red-striped one is cotton with linen, the other one is pure linen. Don't know the count of it, but it is surely smaller than 40 count one...so difficult,but what a satisfaction!

Other treasures from Fleur de Lin et Bouton d'Or...











Meeting new friends! Two nice ladies from the United States! The one onthe right is from New Orleans, Louisiana, and the one on the left is from Ohio! I met them waiting in front of an ATM, started talking and then later helped them with some tanslations! Very nice ladies


Another designer that I love. Mrs. Giulia Manfredini of Giulia Punti Antichi http://www.puntiantichi.com/


Aren't her works such a cutie?





I bought chart and instructions to mak this wonderful kit...Mrs. Manfredini encouraged me so kindly to try new kind of finishes..the Stitcher's Evening Bag...I bought also hornbooks...

...but pins and waxer were a kind gift of Mrs.Manfredini!


Particular of the kit I will try to do :)



This was a present from DMC...the new product "Retors d'Alsace"..it seems nice, especially the thin one...I love the colur 932 and its family! Will surely try it soon

It was such a nice day...I love spending time in places like that, where I can take inspiration and admire other crafters stuff!


I hope you liked this little virtual tour! :)
Sara

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Hi Sara, what a great show/exhibition you attended, love the pictures of all the wonderful trims and such.

AS for the PIF - yes it is over, but I will send along a little something for you send me your snail mail address to my e-mail.