Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Plimoth-in-green pillow!

I was undecided:frame it or pillow it? I turned around the whole house yesterday, andI did not come to a decision. When I came home from work this evening, I suddenly had the truth revealed: it's a pillow! It came to my mind that I had some rope somewhere, and some autum-coloured fbric flowers. So, the finshed piece was clear in my mind. Here you are the pictures! You can as usual click to enlarge.





I like the result so much. It is stitched on 40 count lambswool linen, so you can imagine it's a little one. It is pefect for the armchair key!

The chart "At Plimoth" is made by Tanya of "The sampler girl". Hey, Tanya, big hugs from here too.

5 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Love the little green pillow! Tanya should be proud of you.

Julie said...

Sara, I love the rope idea. Great idea! It even gives it that "prim" kind of finish too. Good job! I like your backing fabric as well. Good choice. See you in the SNG room. :-)

Nancy said...

Hi Sara! I love your pillow. It is very sweet. The rope trim looks very nice, and I love the Autumn flower. Lovely work!

Petra said...

Great finish, I love the rope finish!

Françoise said...

lovely!!
hugs
françoise