Sunday, September 26, 2010

BBD Autumn Stocking exchange - my work for Janice

Buongiorno amiche!
Ho partecipato ad uno scambio organizzato dal mio gruppo Yahoo! dedicato a Blackbird Designs. Si trattava di ricamare una a scelta tra le calzine a tema autunnale. La mia compagna Janice ha già ricevuto quanto da me ricamato (in tempi sorprendentemente rapidi, avendo effettuato la spedizione il 18/09!)e quindi ecco la foto:

Good day my friends!
I have been in an exchange organized in my Yahoo! Blackbird Designs group. We had to stitch one of the Autumn themed stockings.
My exchange buddy Janice has already received what I stitched for her (that was fast, I sent the parcel out on the Sept. 18th!) and so here is the picture of what I sent her:



...si tratta della calzina "Mr. Turkey" tratta dal booklet del mese di Novembre, che ho ricamato su una tela arancione chiaro della F.lli Graziano. Ho unito una matassina tinta a mano da me. Janice ha gradito, e io ne sono felice! :)

...it's "Mr. Turkey" stocking from November booklet, I stitched it on a light orange F.lli Graziano linen. I also added some hand dyed (by me) floss. Janice appreciated it, and I am happy for that!


In questi giorni ho provato a fare qualche esperimento culinario, e devo dire che sono soddisfatta dei risultati. Eccovi qualche esempio:


In those days I made some experiments in the kitchen, and I have to say that I am quite satisfied of the results. Here's some pictures of what I have done:

Questo è il polpo (o PAULpo, n onore di quel suo cugino tedesco ihih!) con patate. Le patate provengono dall'orto di Andrea e sono buonissime! :)

This is octopus with potatoes. Potatoes were grown in my boyfriend Andrea's garden, and they were so good! :)

Questi sono i classici tortelli verdi alla reggiana, ai quali però ho cambiato ricetta: ho messo solo bietole e niente spinaci!

Those are a classic thing of my town, Reggio Emilia, "tortelli verdi" ( a kind of green ravioli). I change a bit the recipe, I didn't put the spinach in it.

E questo è stato l'esperimento più difficile ma anche ben riuscito. Quando sono andata a Digione nella primavera scorsa, dopo aver provato il Boeuf a la bourguignonne, mi sono ripromessa di provare a rifarlo. E con i primi freschi, l'ho fatto! Ho apportato due modifiche alla ricetta originale, ovvero ho usato il Chianti per cuocerci la carne e non vino di Borgogna (che ho, ma che preferisco bere eheh!) e invece degli champignons, ho messo i porcini che ha trovato Andrea.

And this is the most difficult experiment, but also with good results. When I have been in Dijon last spring, after eating Boeuf A la Bourguignonne, I promised to myself to try to make it at home. And now that the air is chill, I have done it! There are two differences between the french recipe and mine, I used Chianti to cook the meat in (instead of Bourgogne wine, which I hav, but to drink!) and I used mushrooms found by my boyfriend instead of champignons.

Buon appetito! :)

A presto, see you soon!

Sara

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You made a beautiful stocking for Janice! I love these stocking patterns.

It looks like you have as much fun in the kitchen as you do stitching Sara!

Siobhán said...

Very nice stocking, Sara! You've really cranked out the stockings this year. :)

Your work in the kitchen looks GOOD!

Giovanna said...

La calzina è simpaticissima, brava!