I thought I have only one month to go before Mother's day, and if I have to accomplish my two projects for my grandmother and my great-grandmother, I have to run. That's why I started stitching "Hannah Lovina Joslin - 1856" sampler from the "Honeysuckle Manor" Blackbird Designs, which is beautiful. So I kitted all up, changing some colours so that I can use some hand dyed threads I have in my stash...

My great-grandmother died in 1969, so I never met her. But I heard my mom and grandmother talk about her since I was a little girl.

This is a way to "get in touch" with her, and to keep her alive through the years.
I already put her name and birthdate in the sampler chart, and it was perfect there. I can't wait to see it finished.

Until next time, and enjoy your weekend!
Sara

4 comments:
Your sampler is beautiful so far Sara, and how sweet to stitch a memory of your great-grandmother.
Beautiful progress, Sara! I am anxious to do this one. Did you see the new BBD Anniversaries of the Heart chart for March? Love the shamrock border going up the side! You can see it on Hoffman's new book list, I think. It's also on http://thestrawberrysampler.blogspot.com . Have a great rest of the weekend!
Beautiful start! I love this sampler, and I love the idea to stitch a memory of your great-grandmother
Buona sera Sara....mi ha dato il tuo indirizzo blog Michela delle Coccole di Bassano...ci siamo trovate una sera fuori del negozio a bussare oltre orario di chiusura, ricordi??
Vedo che abbiamo gusti e amiche comuni....
Se ti va teniamoci in contatto..
Buona serata
Nadia
http://lasoffitta.canalblog.com
Post a Comment