Thursday, July 9, 2009

My first hornbook

This is my first hornbook finished. I used a chart of Berthi Smith-Sanders and I used the "lovely" fabric which is less than 40 count(the same that I am using for Mary Wigham).I must admit that the result is worth the difficulties of stitching in such a small fabric. And I am improving in using it each time I start a new work on that fabric!







Tonight I am off to say "farewell" to 2 dear friends of mine that are leaving saturday, destination U.S.A.! They will do the coast to coast from Vancouver to LA, then one of my friends will remain in the U.S.A. until late August, he will work in Norman, Oklahoma, at the University. I'll tell them to say hello to U.S.A. from me! :)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching, and the wood hornbook is beautiful!

Patti said...

Simply stunning! Your hornbook and finishing is perfect!

Blessings, Patti