Thursday, March 5, 2009

New York and Philadlphia memories...December, 26th 2008 to January, 3rd 2009!

I spent a wonderful time in the United States at the end of 2008. I was in the city that never sleeps..New York. And I was also in th city of brotherly love...and th cradle of the USA...Philadelphia! Here are some pictures... hope you like them!

"It was a cold and wet december day when I touched the ground a JFK"... U2 sang in 1988...this is my first night in NYC...and a hot dog to celebrate it!

Serendipity!!!!! This is their "Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate"! We had one in two after the dinner...it was enough!!!

Outside Serendipity


...no comment.........Dylan's Candy Bar......... you have to visit it if you go in NYC...it's a real heaven on earth!!!


Wall Street Bull!! We had to fight against lots of people but we won and we took the picture! Hehe! My dear friend Enea said to me that in his 4 trips in NYC was never up to take this picture..better luck next time, my friend! Hehe! :D




Of course...a Guinness...to celebrate the New Year!!!!!!!



Wall Street - New York Stock Exchange. Here is my boyfriend wishing good luck to the $$$ he put in there!! :D


New Year's Eve in Times Square!!!! One of the coldest evenings in my life...naaah, the coldest one!! But I really felt like I was at the top of the world that night!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Do you think it was cold???? :D We went in Times Square at about 10 AM to catch good places...we had good places...but the wait was long...and cold...and it was snowing for a while...the only snowy day of my holiday!!!! Grrrr....!!


The city of brotherly love! Philly.... Philadelphia!!!!


Before arriving at the Liberty Bell...there was some pictures and stuff, related to the Bell story...this is an embroidered piece of the middle '800....I could never miss this picture!



A really exciting moment: me, dear BF and the Liberty Bell! I felt a little american there...!



Nothing else to say.... the birthplace of USA! And I was there!!
This is where the Declartation of Independence of the USA was signed in 1776... I think that after this visit I will start to celebrate the 4th of July too!




And now...me and ROCKY BALBOA! The Italian Stallion, the Champion of Philadelphia.....ADRIAAAAAN!!!!


Hey..we climbed ROCKY steps!!!!!!!!!!! So funny!!!!!!


:) This was somewhere in Soho...


Devastated by shopping at Bloomingdale's.....how funny!!!! (well, my bank account did not have much fun actually...hehe)

Whato to say...Central Park...Strawberry Fields Forever!!!! I also visited the Dakota Building..."Imagine all the people...living life in peace..."




On the Top of The Rock, at the Rockefeller Center...me, my boyfriend and the Empire State Building! :)


Ice skatingat Rockefeller Center!!!! One of my dreams comes true....it was my very first time with ice skates!!!


I didn't resist...I had to stop someone skating and ask him to take me a picture....I am really at Rockefeller Center






Here I am at MoMA, together wih my beloved Andy Warhol...oh well, I'm with his Campbell soup... :) It was SO exciting!!!!!!! I love Andy Warhol and staring in front of his works was so amazing! ALL at MoMA was AMAZING!!



How I loved Starbucks!! It was my repair from NYC cold! Doppio Espresso Macchiato! Here I am at the Starbucks near MoMA

Top of the Rock: me and Central Park!


I have more than 1000 pictures...so you can imagine I have a lot of memories...I wish to come vack soon to this beautiful country...USA!!!! :)

Sara

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Sara! Thank you for sharing your vacation pictures. It is wonderful that you got to visit New York and Philadelphia. New York on New Year's Eve - that is amazing! Isn't it a wonderful city? I will look forward to stitching photos now that you are home.